PATH a Washington non-profit corporation is partnering with Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH) in Uganda to implement a prospective study to evaluate the effectiveness of Sayana Press in Uganda after a 4 year pilot phase that was funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation. This evaluation will build the evidence base for global decision- making about whether and how to include Sayana Press in family planning programs in the future and will also inform scale up on Sayana Press in Uganda. The evaluation will include use of tablets to administer structure face to face interview within a health facility.
MakSPH therefore seeks to hire suitable candidates for the positions of Dat a supervisor who will be based in three regions (Central, Eastern and Northern) supervising data collection in 6 districts of B u s i a , M a y u g e , Mubende, Kayunga, Gulu and Oyam. The successful candidates will be reporting to the Project Coordinator/ Co-Principal Inverstigator.
The overall duty of the data supervisor will be to ensure that field research assistants follow the study operating procedure in data collection. Specifically data supervisors will be required to perform the following task;
- Work closely with resident Village health team members and research assistants
- Receive electronic data from research assistants
- Review electronic data and then discuss with the relevant research assistants in case of some data queries.
- Receives data queries from the study coordinator and handle them together with the respected research assistants
- Supervises field data collection and management activities following the evaluation protocol including consent process and confidentiality requirements.
- Uploads all the data from that specific region.
- Secure storage of data according to study protocol procedures
- Maintains confidentiality and security of data
- Keep the tablet safe and secure
- Reports to the study coordinator any issues that may affect the study
- Provides t h e c o o r d i n a t o r with d a i l y u p d a t e s i n c l u d i n g c l i e n t recruited, interviews completed, and any other important information about assigned clients from that region.
- Participate on study team meetings throughout the study period.
- Maybe asked in data collection as needed
- Execute any other duties assigned by the coordinator and the study investigators
- Bachelor’s degree in Humanities, public health, Nursing, statistics, information technology and any other related discipline
- Prior knowledge in data collection and management
- MUST possess a personal laptop computer
- Proficiency (both spoken and written) in English.
- Knowledgeable about common local languages spoken in that region.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to follow study specific procedures and guidelines reliably.
- Ability to spend an extended period of time in rural areas and away from home
- Willing to reside in the region for the entire study period
- Willing to make regular trips to health facilities in the survey districts
- Ability to work under stringent deadlines and independently with minimal supervision
How to apply: Interested persons should send their applications with a typed cover letter, current CV with 2 referees and their contacts; and copies of academic certificates addressed to: The Dean, Makerere University School of Public Health (Room 215), New Mulago Hospital Complex, P. O Box 7072, and Kampala Uganda not later than Friday
20th November 2015. Indicate on the envelop the j o b a p p l i e d f o r a n d preferred
r e g i o n to work in during this survey; o n l y short listed candidates will be contacted.