Ref: GHU 004/2018
Data Entrant (1 position)
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Enter study data from different data sources.
- Weekly data backup for all study data.
- Database management (editing and verification).
- Prepare data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information and establishing entry priorities.
- Reviewing data for correctness, resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- A degree in Information Technology or Computer science or related field.
- Experience in working with various databases.
- Good data entry skills with attention to detail, confidentiality, thoroughness and a high energy level.
- Experience in research data entry in a research setting is an added advantage.
Candidates who fully meet the above requirements should submit a detailed CV, a TYPED cover letter, all necessary academic documents and the contact details of two work related referees to: The Human Resource Manager, Global Health Uganda, Plot 667 Mawanda Road, first turn on the right after the Mawanda Road Police Station starting Thursday 24th May 2018 and not later than Wednesday 6th June 2018 at 12:00pm. We appreciate your application, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date we regret that your application has been unsuccessful.
Deloitte East Africa
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across six (6) countries of the region: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporation within the East African region and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Uganda and within the East African market.
We are seeking to recruit an intern in our Procurement department in Uganda. The successful candidate will focus on the following responsibilities:
1) Ensure adherence to set purchasing procedures and processes by:
Ensure continuous use of approved suppliers and prices;
Providing purchase technical guidance to all functions;
Identifying shortcomings in the implementation of set processes and discussing the same with the Regional Procurement Manager;
Ensure full compliance in the use of the integrated purchase module.
2) Manage credible sourcing process for new company requirements by:
Ensuring development of standard specifications and pre-qualification of credible suppliers;
Professional sourcing through competitive bidding;
Conducting professional technical supplier evaluation;
Managing bid analysis and negotiation processes to get value for money;
Ensuring maintenance of high integrity in supplier selection;
Managing existing and new contractual agreements;
Ensuring safe custody of approved purchase documents.
3) Continuously manage approved suppliers in an efficient, cost effective manner through:
Managing price variances;
Re negotiating prices and terms in case of proposed changes;
Preparing sourcing documents for contracts three months before contract expiry date;
Identify new high quality suppliers/ service provider to broaden our supplier base.
4) Continuously maintain supplier performance data:
Together with the various functions, maintain data on suppliers, timely delivery of quality service;
Prepare annual supplier performance reports for discussion with the suppliers.
5) Evaluate the efficiency of the integrated purchase module and prepare reports on the same.
6) Any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in either Purchasing and Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Finance or related field;
Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) qualification or the equivalent is an added advantage;
One (1) years’ work experience in procurement of goods and services is an added advantage;
Knowledge of the Public Procurement & Disposal of Assets Act & Regulations; and Public Procurement & Regulatory Authority ( PPRA ) procedures;
Knowledge of the European Union Procurement Rules and Regulations;
Financial Management Skills;
Strong Negotiation Skills;
Excellent Verbal and written communication skills;
Data analysis skills;
Excellent Report Writing Skills;
Well-developed computer user skills;
Honesty and Integrity;
Adaptability and flexibility in working in complex and dynamic environment; and
A team player with excellent planning and organisational skills.
MakSPH-CTCA is searching for an Administrator for a research project Administrator on TB- Tobacco integration using mHealth approach. This position serves as the key link for the project team and project partners. This position will provide the research Team administrative support to ensure smooth implementation of the research project.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide overall administrative support to the project, working closely to support the project coordinator
- Arrange and secure logistics for project activities
- Monitor the budget expenditure in close collaboration with the project coordinator
- Ensure proper accountability of all funds dispatched.
- Support the research team in undertaking procurements, contract drafting, MoU drafting and other financial modalities.
- Draft project financial requests in time
- Ensure logistical preparation and readiness of research team in case of field activities.
- Work with the FMU to draft financial reports as required by the accounting cycle.
- Support the coordinator in communication of related activities.
- Lead the organization of team meetings and workshops as requested by the coordinator.
- Maintenance of proper study accounts and records (computerized and manual) related to budget, receipts and payments.
- In collaboration with the Principal Investigator, ensure reconciliation of the expenditures and budget lines on a quarterly basis
- In collaboration with the Principal Investigator, ensure that all services provided to the study are paid for.
- In collaboration with the Principal Investigator, ensure inventory and supplies control.
- Ensure high degree of confidentiality as regards research records
- Ensure that all project properties are secure, in good condition and used only for project work
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The required candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a University degree from a recognized university
- At least 2 years of work experience in a similar organization.
- Experience in working with a research organization for at least 2 years
- Experience in basic financial accounting, human resource management, procurement, research and records keeping.
An attractive salary commensurate to the experience and qualifications will be offered
Research Project Overview
MakSPH-CTCA in collaboration with Ministry of Health Uganda, East Tennessee State University and WHO are implementing an implementation Science Research project to integrate tobacco cessation services into TB programs using mHealth specifically text messages. The goal of the project is to use mHealth solutions to integrate tobacco control into TB programmes to improve TB treatment outcomes in Uganda. The primary objective is to support TB patients to quit tobacco use. The secondary objectives are: a) To train health workers on mHealth solutions for TB-Tobacco integration; b) To assess the period that participants take to quit tobacco use; c) To support TB patients to adhere to TB treatment. This is a 3-year project that will be implemented in hospitals in Uganda.
To apply for this position please submit in confidence a resume and a cover letter that details why you are a good fit for this career position to firstname.lastname@example.org, copy email@example.com
Timelines: Deadline is March 27th, 2017
Makerere University Lung Institute (MLI), a new institute at the college of health sciences, whose mission is championing the prevention and control of lung diseases in Uganda and beyond invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following posts in its administration department. Interested candidates should submit their applications, Curriculum Vitae, Certificates and Transcripts (3 copies each set) giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, work experience, present salary and names of three referees, plus their postal addresses to Office of the Human Resources Officer College of Health Sciences, Administration Block, and addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
P.O. Box 7072
Closing Date: 8th March 2016
Post: Administrative Assistant (1)
Reports to: Director
Main Purpose of the Job
To take charge of administrative function of the Institute and to provide the required logistical support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with all aspects of administrative management and logistics;
- Plan, Schedule and coordinate meetings, interviews, events, exhibitions and other similar activities;
- Create and maintain electronic and manual records Coordinate repairs and maintenance of office equipment and general cleanliness in the Administration Block;
- Provide secretariat services to the Institute Committee meetings;
- Prepare reports, disseminate information, dispatch minutes, memos and letters;
- Requisition, maintain and account for financial and other resources under his/her care;
- Supervise support staff and ensure harmonious working relationship amongst staff under his/her care;
Minimum academic qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, SWASA, Public Administration, Organizational Psychology, Management Studies or any relevant course.
- A Post-graduate qualification in Human Resource Management is an added advantage.
Minimum Experience and Exposure
1 years’ experience in logistics management and administration.
- Report writing skills
- Computer skills
- Good attention to detail
- Methodical and thorough approach to work
- Good at juggling tasks and prioritizing
- A great team player
- A desire to show initiative
Terms of Employment: Contract and full time
The World Bank Group serves 48 client countries in the Africa Region (AFR). Clients range from low income countries among them many fragile and conflict states to a small but growing number of middle income countries (MICs) but with weak human development indicators. Average annual per capita income varies widely and inequalities persist in most AFR countries, with most of the Region’s people living in poverty. The Bank’s strategy in AFR is focused on two pillars – competitiveness and employment, and vulnerability and resilience – and a foundation – governance and public-sector capacity.
The Education Sector Unit for Eastern and Southern Africa is responsible for policy, analytical and operational work in the education sector in the sub-region. The unit currently has a portfolio of IDA projects, Trust Funds and major studies and technical assistance products in IDA and middle-income countries. The portfolio spans the full spectrum of the education sector from early childhood education to higher education and research. The unit is committed to delivering high quality technical products to support education development in the Bank’s client countries, and to do so in a manner that builds capacity through collaborative interactions with country counterparts.
The unit’s core goals are to (i) expand coverage of early childhood development in a cost-effective manner (ii) ensure universal completion of quality primary/basic education (iii) improve learning outcomes, particularly in reading, mathematics and science and (iv) expand access to and quality of secondary, TVET and higher education, with a focus on applied sciences, engineering and technology and strengthening the links between post-basic education systems and labor markets. The unit is also developing innovative approaches to education, including the use of ICT to expand access and improve quality and results-based modalities for Bank projects. It tries to achieve these goals through education sector interventions (financial and analytical) and through interventions in other sectors that influence education outcomes, as well as through partnership activities with a variety of partners.
The World Bank financed/managed project portfolio in the education sector in Uganda is growing rapidly. By the end of July 2016, the portfolio is estimated to be around US$400m, with six distinct operations covering four sub-sectors (basic, secondary, skills, and higher education). All the operations have elements of support on improving access, quality, equity and relevance of education. Financed by the Global Partnership for Education Fund, the US$100m operation in primary education is focused on improving teacher and school effectiveness. There is also a US$100m IDA-financed skills development operation focused on enhancing the capacity of institutions to deliver high quality, demand-driven training programs in target sectors. There is an ongoing analytical program to support the Government in developing its next Education Sector Strategic Plan.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Education Specialist/Economist will work under the supervision of the Education Practice Manager. S/he will support the daily management of the Uganda education portfolio and is expected to be responsible for the following tasks and duties:
• Provide support to respective governments and implementing agencies to help identify and resolve implementation problems and bottlenecks, advance progress of various activities and components, based on a thorough understanding of the development objectives and design of the project. Specific focus on monitoring of budgets and implementation progress of major activities and components. Identify monthly key milestones to be met by the government and the Bank across all components and implementing agencies.
• Participate in the formulation and facilitate the implementation of Annual Work Plans (AWP) and procurement plans and assist as needed with the review of requests for IDA’s ‘no objection’ on key planning documents, reports and others as needed. Ensure that the results frameworks are updated every six months and help the government to use the results framework to guide project implementation.
• In close coordination with the Procurement Specialist and Financial Management Specialist and under the supervision of the TTLs, contribute to the efficient processing of all procurement requests and withdrawal applications.
• Monitor and provide advisory support to task teams on the adherence to World Bank’s operational policies and quality requirements in technical and fiduciary due diligence. In addition, the candidate may contribute to development of pipeline projects and the mobilization of resources and expertise for its realization.
• Provide inputs to the preparation of diverse operational products/outputs (e.g., projects briefs, portfolio performance reviews, Trust Fund (TF) Grant Fund Request (GFR), Grant Report Monitoring (GRM) and closing reports, Back to Office Reports, Aide Memoires, Implementation Summary Reports (ISRs), activity completion reports, etc.).
• Interact with government counterparts, local education group, and other partner organizations (civil society organizations, academia, etc.) on project related issues as required by the task team.
• Participate in missions and in discussions regarding advice to borrowers and grant recipients.
• Participate in review meetings and represent the education teams in relevant Bank-wide initiatives.
• Other duties and tasks as specified by the Practice Manager, and the relevant project Task Team Leaders or whoever they may designate.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Education: At least a Masters degree in Education/ Economics/Business or relevant field.
• Experience: A minimum of 7 years of relevant international work experience is required, preferably in Uganda. Familiarity with World Bank operations, including preparation and implementation support for projects, is highly desirable. Knowledge in Bank operational policies and systems (including SAP, operations portal, Business Warehouse), Trust Fund policies, and GPE policies and procedures would be a plus.
• Good understanding of the main issues, dynamics and evolution of the education sector in Uganda or in other countries.
• Strong client orientation and proven ability to work with government agencies, ability to identify problems, provide technical support, build consensus and arrive at solutions. Ability to coordinate and work across different govt. departments.
• High levels of energy, initiative, and flexibility in quickly adjusting to changing work program requirements.
• Ability to juggle numerous competing demands and priorities, respond quickly to country and management requests, and set priorities for self and others.
• Must have proficiency in English and excellent writing skills.
The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
For further details and to apply, please go to http://www.worldbank.org/careers and under “current job openings” seek vacancy number 152523. Deadline is December 14, 2015. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Living Goods empowers micro-entrepreneurs to deliver life-changing products to the doorsteps of the underserved. We are a pioneering, dynamic and highly impactful social enterprise and are entering a period of exciting expansion. Living Goods is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to support this development and to implement strong marketing plans at the branch, community health worker, and consumer level.
As the Marketing Coordinator for Uganda, you will develop and implement all point of sales displays, marketing activities and product support for Uganda. Reporting to the Director of Field Operations, you will be a key contributor to drive sales and health impact in Uganda. This position is based in Kampala, Uganda.
Point of sales branding and marketing activities
- Ensure great Living Goods visibility including developing and implementing relevant merchandising at Ugandan branches and agent level.
- Develop successful marketing activities throughout the year to support CHP work and sales: promotions, SMS campaigns, outdoor events, new product launch plans…
- Ensure timely and flawless execution of the activities on the ground including support to sales team and training team
- Liaise with outside providers to ensure the quality and creation of all editorial design, production and distribution of all LG marketing materials generated in Uganda.
- Measure success of activities both on performance and return on investment
Products and analysis
- Support analytics to measure success of our ranges and marketing activities
- Support the product team to improve our portfolio performance: help develop testing in Uganda and support launch of any innovation
- Help manage marketing partnerships with suppliers/NGOs including on the ground implementation, monitoring and relationships with partners
- Develop, implement, coordinate and evaluate innovative marketing tests quickly and cheaply based on LG’s objectives
- Develop content & stories from the field to support Living Goods’ social media strategy
- Design and execute a media strategy for Uganda to strengthen Living Goods awareness in country
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
What is Living Goods?
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities.
Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and The Huffington Post. Check out these articles and more on our press page.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you willthrive at Living Goods. See http://www.livinggoods.org/principles.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit:
follow us @Living_Goods
Desired Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in sales, marketing or communications.
- Minimum 4 years work experience in marketing and/or trade marketing.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive for results.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in English and Luganda.
- Computer literate, proficient in Adobe a plus.
To apply, click Here
SafeBoda is hiring in Uganda! Join the Community. Spread the word. Looking for marketing/sales and operations people. Minimum requirements:
1. 2+ years experience with a leading company in marketing/sales and customer service
2. Great Communicator, Hard-Working and a Problem Solver
3. Bachelors Degree from a leading university
If interested please send:
a 1) CV and 2) Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org