Hours: 40 hrs/week
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Finance Officer
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
Division & Project Overview:
University Research Co., LLC (URC), a US-based public health organization working in Uganda since 2005, is implementing the USAID-funded Strengthening Uganda’s Systems for Treating AIDS Nationally (SUSTAIN) project. The USAID SUSTAIN Project supports delivery of quality HIV prevention, treatment, care and laboratory services selected regional referral and general hospitals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Finance Assistant will support the development of timely financial reports, ensure compliance with USAID and URC regulations, and verify expenditure vouchers and receipts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the development of financial reports, including:
- Field financial reports-including copies of all bank statements, bank reconciliations, cash journals, Transfer sheets, Personal Advance Balance Reports, Grand Summary Sheets, supporting payment vouchers, petty cash journal and summarized expenditure reports
- Expenditure reports
- Travel expense statements for staff and consultants
- Verify original vouchers and receipts and obtain the appropriate certifications
- Manage petty cash accounts, including ensuring the maintenance of an appropriate level of petty cash in safe deposit
- Prepare per diems and other travel advances for project staff
- Together with the finance team, ensure that all costs in the project adhere to USAID/URC regulations, and are allowable, reasonable and allocable
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Degree in accounting or comparable certifications/qualifications
- At least 5 years experience in accounting and general financial management of USAID programs preferred
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- At least two years’ experience with QuickBooks preferred
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
For more details regarding the job descriptions, please view them on our website: http://www.urc-chs.com/career-opportunities. Please do not submit applications through the website. Use the provided avenues below.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter, certificate of good conduct, curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references by Friday 4th November 2016 at 12:00 pm addressed to:
Human Resource & Administration Coordinator,
University Research Co., LLC – Centre for Human Services,
Plot 7 Ntinda View Crescent, Naguru
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
Click HERE to apply.