Deadline of this Job:
3rd February, 2017
For over seventy years, ChildFund international has provided support to deprived, excluded and vulnerable children to have the capacity to improve their lives and opportunities to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities. We promote societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting and advancing the worth and rights of children. Our core commitment is child-centered change that will ensure healthy and secure infants, educated and confident children, and youth who are skilled and engage meaningfully in the affairs and decision making processes within their communities.
ChildFund Uganda is working in over 30 districts to develop the capacities of local community based organizations to be able to mobilize resources and implement programs that improve the well-being of deprived, excluded and vulnerable children.
ChildFund Uganda seeks to recruit suitably qualified, self-driven and result-oriented candidates for the following position:
JOB SUMMARY: To provide strong and strategic communications direction and support to ChildFund Uganda, through the management of the communications function that is focused to send the essential communications needs of ChildFund Uganda. This will include: overseeing the production of key communications resources for donor and public engagement; positioning ChildFund with in-country and international media and manage internal communications processes which support and advance the strategic goals of ChildFund and its core functions.
KEY RULES AND RESPONSIBILITIES DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategy development: Support the development and implementation of an integrated and effective communication strategy with internal and external stakeholders of ChildFund for building of a high-performance communications function that is managed, structured and focused for productive and quality work. Provide support in the development, implementation and monitoring of strategies for internal and external communication.
- Internal Communications Management: Ensure that key internal communications messages and products of ChildFund are skillfully developed and articulated for meeting their objectives.
- Donor/Public Engagement: Manage the planning and production of compelling and issues-oriented fundraising, advocacy and publicity materials (web-based, electronic, print and video) for effective donor and public engagement by ChildFund — both in Country and internationally as appropriate.
- Media Communications Management: Ensure positive portrayal of ChildFund in the media. Promoting the interests of ChildFund.
- Advocacy: Collaborate with advocacy colleagues to define key issues, messaging, and communications channels for public advocacy initiatives and oversee the development of advocacy – oriented communications products.
- Management of information flow between ChildFund with its external and internal stakeholders.
- Promotion of Child Fund’s image. Carry out periodic ChildFund image audits and design strategies to enhance the image in line with the findings.
- Manage Child Fund’s National Public Events.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEGDE AND SKILLS
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications or closely related area
- A Masters ‘Degree in Journalism or Mass Communication would be an added advantage.
- Extensive computer proficiency.
- A minimum of three (3) years hands on experience in a similar position is an advantage
- Must be a clear, fast thinker who can define action plans and implement them.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong facilitation and documentation skill
- Interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Strong people management and mentoring skills
- Excellent Public Relations skills.
- Completes tasks in a timely, cost effective way
- Ability to take fast decisions.
- Ability to coordinate multiple-tasks and work under pressure.
- Should be able to work with minimum supervision
- Should be proactive
Job application procedure
if you meet the above requirements and are interested, please submit your Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional papers and names of 3 work related Referees with their Email daytime telephone contacts to:
The National Director ChildFund International
P.0 BOX 3342 KAMPALA
OR Hand delivers to Child fund National Office located on Plot 71/72 Namirembe Road P.O. Box 3341, Kampala
NOTE: While we appreciate every response to this advert, only short listed candidates will be contacted. ChildFund is an equal opportunity employer. Application Deadline: 3rd February, 2017