Living Goods empowers micro-entrepreneurs to deliver life-changing products to the doorsteps of the underserved. We are a pioneering, dynamic and highly impactful social enterprise and are entering a period of exciting expansion. Living Goods is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to support this development and to implement strong marketing plans at the branch, community health worker, and consumer level.
As the Marketing Coordinator for Uganda, you will develop and implement all point of sales displays, marketing activities and product support for Uganda. Reporting to the Director of Field Operations, you will be a key contributor to drive sales and health impact in Uganda. This position is based in Kampala, Uganda.
Point of sales branding and marketing activities
- Ensure great Living Goods visibility including developing and implementing relevant merchandising at Ugandan branches and agent level.
- Develop successful marketing activities throughout the year to support CHP work and sales: promotions, SMS campaigns, outdoor events, new product launch plans…
- Ensure timely and flawless execution of the activities on the ground including support to sales team and training team
- Liaise with outside providers to ensure the quality and creation of all editorial design, production and distribution of all LG marketing materials generated in Uganda.
- Measure success of activities both on performance and return on investment
Products and analysis
- Support analytics to measure success of our ranges and marketing activities
- Support the product team to improve our portfolio performance: help develop testing in Uganda and support launch of any innovation
- Help manage marketing partnerships with suppliers/NGOs including on the ground implementation, monitoring and relationships with partners
- Develop, implement, coordinate and evaluate innovative marketing tests quickly and cheaply based on LG’s objectives
- Develop content & stories from the field to support Living Goods’ social media strategy
- Design and execute a media strategy for Uganda to strengthen Living Goods awareness in country
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
What is Living Goods?
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities.
Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and The Huffington Post. Check out these articles and more on our press page.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you willthrive at Living Goods. See http://www.livinggoods.org/principles.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit:
follow us @Living_Goods
Desired Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in sales, marketing or communications.
- Minimum 4 years work experience in marketing and/or trade marketing.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive for results.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in English and Luganda.
- Computer literate, proficient in Adobe a plus.
To apply, click Here