Click HERE for more details
Ref: GHU 004/2018
Data Entrant (1 position)
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Enter study data from different data sources.
- Weekly data backup for all study data.
- Database management (editing and verification).
- Prepare data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information and establishing entry priorities.
- Reviewing data for correctness, resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- A degree in Information Technology or Computer science or related field.
- Experience in working with various databases.
- Good data entry skills with attention to detail, confidentiality, thoroughness and a high energy level.
- Experience in research data entry in a research setting is an added advantage.
Candidates who fully meet the above requirements should submit a detailed CV, a TYPED cover letter, all necessary academic documents and the contact details of two work related referees to: The Human Resource Manager, Global Health Uganda, Plot 667 Mawanda Road, first turn on the right after the Mawanda Road Police Station starting Thursday 24th May 2018 and not later than Wednesday 6th June 2018 at 12:00pm. We appreciate your application, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date we regret that your application has been unsuccessful.
Web Developer Skills and Qualifications:
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops; servers; and related peripherals like printers; scanners; drives; monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
3. Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
Security Plus certification or an equivalent DoD 8570 Certification
1-3 years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations.
Typical duties include: ? Maintaining an inventory of installed software; managing software licensing; and creating policies and procedures for upgrades ? Working with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule ? Analyzing and making recommendations for hardware and software standardization ? Creating user accounts and managing access control based on company policies
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Are you an experienced full-stack engineer who loves to inspire and mentor others? Do you want to play a part in laying the foundation for the tech industry in Uganda? That’s exactly what you’ll get a chance to do as SafeBoda’s CTO in thriving Kampala!
Motorcycle taxis are immensely popular and serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa, but they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. SafeBoda is a pre-series A Ugandan-based startup on a mission to make motorcycle taxis (bodas) more safe, affordable, and convenient across Sub-Saharan Africa—while providing a more meaningful and lucrative career for drivers. And we think we have a shot at building a very valuable tech company in the process: we plan to hit a $100 million valuation in 3 years.
Backed by the Shell Foundation, Development Innovation Ventures USAID, the Global Innovation Fund, and an angel tech investor, SafeBoda is well off to the races: we have nailed the driver-side model with 1000+ drivers, growing at 8% week-on-week over the last 6 months, and we are looking to better monetize our ~20,000 daily trips in Kampala.
Why Kampala, Uganda? The market is ready. With a current population of 3 million, Kampala is growing rapidly, with a strong middle class and the youngest population on earth. The city is known for its rapidly developing infrastructure and spirit of entrepreneurship—Kampala is in the top 3 in Mobile Money use on the continent. East Africa is a high-growth tech hub. Other prominent tech companies are making waves here already (Rocket Internet/Jumia is making a big play, and Kampala is one of Uber’s 4 African markets).
Often termed “Africa for beginners” due to easy access to modern conveniences and the
friendliness of the people, Kampala is a great place to live, too. Crime levels and the threat of political instability or terrorism are low. The food scene is excellent, with restaurants serving amazing food from all around the world. A strong European/North American expat community, incredible weather all year round, and great access to many incredible vacation spots make Kampala an excellent destination for anyone looking for new experiences and adventures.
Click here for more details
Customer Service, Administration, Human Resources, Marketing, Networks, IT, Legal & Regulatory, Finance, Mobile Money, Enterprise, Sales& Distribution and Supply Chain Management (No experience required)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Apply at the Airtel Website
Tip: You need to have a Linkedin account.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Support (METS) Program of Makerere University School of Public Health seeks to recruit two people for the position of Management Information Systems Technical Advisors. See Job Description below. Interested applicants should deliver hard copy applications to the address below, not later than 5.00pm February 10th 2016.
Office of the Dean
Makerere University School of Public Health
New Mulago Complex Road
P.O. Box 7072, Kampala.
Position Title : Management Information Systems Technical Advisor
Reports To : Management Information Systems Manager
Liaise With : Coordinators, Deputy Program Manager, Program Manager, METS staff
Number of Posts: Two
The Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Support (METS) program is a five year CDC-funded collaboration between the Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH) and the University of California San Francisco (UCSF). The overall program purpose is to promote evidence-based decision-making for an AIDS free generation by supporting the alignment of the USG supported Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting systems with the national M&E framework resulting into a fully functional one M&E system. In this regard, METS is seeking to recruit competent, self driven and hard working individuals to fill the position of MIS Technical Advisor to support and provide technical, program monitoring and evaluation.
The incumbent will serve as subject matter specialist for Strategic Information (SI) related tasks pertaining to HIV/AIDS activities. Bringing his or her specialized technical knowledge and work experience in public health data management, surveillance, evaluation strategies and research methodology. s/he will be responsible for the collection and ensuring data quality assurance of HIV/AIDS related data.
The incumbent will focus on monitoring implementing partner reporting requirements, using PEPFAR data management systems such as Site Improvement through Monitoring Systems (SIMS), and Data for Accountability Transparency and Impact (DATIM) (online platform), and Expenditure Analysis (EA) as well as national systems (DHIS2). Furthermore, the incumbent will provide technical guidance to 1) Improve the capacity of all CDC supported implementing partners to be able to report reliably; 2) ensure all data reported to CDC is of high quality.
As a METS staff, the MIS Technical Advisor will work closely with all other METS team members in a coordinated, collaborative and cooperative manner to ensure realization of program objectives
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In consultation and collaboration with the CDC Strategic Information team and implementing partners, the incumbent responds to all MIS related activities, such as developing strategies for improved data management Information Systems, data collection, cleaning, aggregation, analysis and dissemination especially for purposes of reporting on PEPFAR indicators to CDC Uganda, USG agencies and other national stakeholders
Project Implementation and Management
- a) Participates in the planning, designing, and implementing data quality processes aimed reviewing, and improving data.
- b) Works with CDC supported implementing partners to provide technical and program support to the collection, cleaning, aggregation, analysis and submission of the quarterly, Semi-annual (SAPR) and Annual reports (APR)
- c) Works with the various program teams to ensure activity work plans and monitoring plans are properly implemented and results documented.
- d) Participates in data collection and analysis, training of staff and CDC implementing partners in PEPFAR M&E protocols and tools and assists in the dissemination of information for timely utilization by OGAC, PEPFAR related USG agencies, implementing partners, and key stakeholders.
- e) Guides efforts to streamline and standardize CDC Implementing partner reporting efforts through dialogue on reporting processes and routine monitoring of the quality, accuracy, and consistency of reporting.
Data Management Systems
- a) Supports the CDC Strategic Information teams to build capacity and utilization of key Information Systems including SIMS, DATIM and the National DHIS2
- b) Utilizes appropriate data management systems to monitor indicators for HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care activities.
- c) Analyzes quarterly programmatic data entered by implementing partners into PEPFAR’s
Data for Accountability Transparency and Impact (DATIM) online platform.
- d) Provides assistance to the PEPFAR team in interpreting data on indicators, targets and results.
- e) Responds to requests from CDC Strategic Information teams, Implementing partners and national stakeholders for information and technical assistance on strategies for HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care activities.
- a) Responds to other program related duties as assigned by the Program Manager and/or the Deputy Program Manager.
Education: A Master’s degree in one of the following disciplines: Health Sciences; Social Sciences; Applied Mathematics, Information Science or a strongly related discipline is required.
Prior Work Experience: The incumbent should have at least five years of progressive and responsible experience in public health at the local, national, regional or international levels that entailed responsibility for public health project activities. The incumbent should also have experience working with U.S. Government agencies, international development organizations on PEPFAR-funded projects. Expertise in supporting health projects related to HIV or health systems strengthening would be an asset.
Required Knowledge and skills
- a) Strong knowledge of Health Information Systems, data quality assurance, analysis reporting and best practices in data dissemination and usage is required.
- b) High level of competency in managing data information and evaluations of large scale health or HIV/AIDS activities is required.
- c) Knowledge of public health programs, strategies, methods, processes and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results of development projects is required.
- d) Knowledge of data management processes and tools, including web-based database systems is required. Strong skills in project monitoring, interpretation and evaluation of data are required.
- e) Strong oral and written communications skills are required to develop and maintain effective, sustainable working relationships with implementing partners and both national and international working partners to prepare required reports.
- f) Strong computer literacy especially with Word and Excel software to create and edit charts, tables, graphs and presentations, in addition to the effective use of email and the Internet are required.
- g) Ability to use survey indicators, monitoring systems and evaluation designs.
- h) Ability to effectively gather, interpret, and report on data obtained from a variety of sources, including competent use of reliable and valid instruments.
- i) Ability to facilitate training workshops and present technical Strategic Information data in a clear and concise manner to audiences with varying degrees of knowledge/experience in the area of M&E.
- j) Ability to operate successfully in a team environment and to work independently.
- k) Excellent interpersonal skills.
Living Goods is seeking a Technology/IT Manager to join our team in Kampala. We believe that mobile is an increasingly powerful and positive disruptive force in enabling our agents to provide effective community health service and drive impact.
As the Technology/IT Manager you will pioneer and implement game-changing innovations while managing Living Goods’ mission critical mobile tools, data management systems and software needs. Working with our Nairobi-based tech team, you will lead our Kampala technology team in piloting multiple innovations to use mobile technology to improve diagnosis and treatments by agents, monitor and evaluate impact, solve last mile distribution problems, and track product and inventory. You will provide management leadership in the IT projects though coordination and supervision of the implementation of project activities.
- Support Living Goods Uganda’s IT technology strategy implementation, pioneering innovative mobile/tech solutions and applications to drive our growth, expansion and impact.
- Establish and implement appropriate IT project management plan and infrastructure and undertake continuous coordination and monitoring of the project activities to assess progress against planned delivery.
- Establish appropriate IT quality assurance and control standards and ensure compliance
- Manage the Living Goods’ in-country technology team, cultivating the growth of existing talent and bringing in new skills and experience where necessary.
- Support product management and product design for all technology products, whether developed in-house at Living Goods or developed by vendors, ensuring effective communication across actors.
- Oversee development of innovative mobile marketing tools and platforms, e.g. data collection, training support, field sales force management, mobile money, customer financing, incentive systems, smart phone and tablet apps, GIS etc.
- Support management of all Living Goods management information systems including: LG’s data warehouse and reporting tools, website, accounting software, point of sale system, and Salesforce database.
- Prepare and disseminating project reports on a regular basis to internal and external users.
- Work with department heads, end users and stakeholders to understand their needs and develop creative and effective solutions.
- Contribute to overall organizational tech strategy.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
What is Living Goods?
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in the developing world, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of the poor.
Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and The Huffington Post.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit:
follow us @Living_Goods
Desired Skills and Experience
- University degree required, preference to candidates with Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or Business degrees.
- 5+ years experience leading or implementing technology strategy for organizations with large teams, with in depth exposure to: mobile-based systems, accounting systems, and CRMs.
- At least 3 years experience managing multi-stakeholder IT projects or programs.
- Experience leading and managing software application development for web or mobile platforms as well as developing database systems.
Click here to apply.