Are you looking to solve complex challenges, have professional freedom, and real responsibilities to create work that stands out? Laboremus Uganda is looking for smart problem solvers.
Laboremus Uganda creates financial technology solutions for clients in East Africa and Europe. We help large banks, financial institutions, and start-up banks get digital. Leveraging our expertise, we also bring financial technology to the underserved: alone and in partnership with others. We believe digital financial services should be tailored, simple, and accessible for everyone.
Laboremus Uganda is part of the Laboremus Group which was founded in Norway in 1996. Today, the group has offices in Norway, Serbia, and Uganda.
At Laboremus, we only employ the best. Our team consist of brilliant developers, project managers, business analysts, and consultants. The team in Uganda works closely together with our teams in Norway and Serbia.
We will challenge you, and make you solve complex, real-world problems. We give you both the freedom and responsibility to create work that make you stand out. We continuously invest in your personal development through training and certifications, in addition to offering health insurance, personal loans, and daily lunches on our rooftop.
We also offer competitive salaries, 6 months training in Norway, extensive training and opportunities for certification, health insurance, and numerous social and motivational events.
And most importantly: we offer the most intense foosball games you’ve ever experienced!
ABOUT THE ROLE
- You will develop clean, reusable, and testable code with performance in mind.
- You will collaborate with developers, designers, project managers, testers, and consultants to build complex software solutions for the financial sector.
- You will work on projects spanning our entire stack including mobile apps, web applications, and APIs.
- You will utilize the latest technology trends and patterns like big data analytics, machine learning, and AI to deliver smart solutions to our clients.
- You will collaborate with teams in our sister companies in Norway and Serbia to build great software solutions.
- You will grow as a professional through our trainings, workshops, and exchange programs with our offices in Europe.
- Android, iOS
- C#, Java, Python, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Core, Ruby
- Entity Framework, NHibernate
- SQL Server, MongoDB, MySQL
- Cloud technologies, Azure, AWS
In order to join our team, we have some requirements we need you to meet in order for us to know that you are most definitely one of us!
YOU MUST HAVE :
- At least 2 years of related working experience.
- A university qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or any engineering field.
- Experience with developing software using OOP principles.
- A working understanding of UI design practices including Material design, wire-framing, storyboarding, UI mocks, and responsive design.
- Knowledge and working experience with REST API, JSON, and XML.
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases.
- A proficient understanding of code versioning and peer review development tools such as Git.
- The ability to work efficiently/effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- A desire to grow as a software engineer.
- Good communication skills.
- A passion for learning, both to improve yourself and to teach others.
IT’S NICE IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience working with continuous integration and delivery tools like TeamCity and Jenkins.
- Experience developing microservices architecture-based applications.
- Experience working with Agile and Scrum methodology.
- A passion for solving big problems in fintech and financial inclusion.
Candidates might be asked to send more details on projects they have worked on, and might also be asked to present them. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Are we a match?