About the role
As our HR manager, you will oversee all aspects of human resources practices and processes. This is a part-time role.
If this is you, you’ll be the go-to person for all employee-related matters such as culture, job design, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training & development and talent management.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be comfortable in exploring new approaches as you build on Kanzu Code’s unique culture – it will not be business as usual. You’ll get to work with a talented team and driven leadership all laser-focused on the mission of empowering the community using tech.
Duties & responsibilities
- Place our greatest asset – OUR PEOPLE – at the center of everything we do
- Develop, implement and monitor HR strategies, policies, systems and initiatives that address broad organizational opportunities and challenges
- Create sustainable solutions to manager, team, and individual challenges & requests through a variety of approaches, such as coaching & mediation
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Manage organizational development strategies and processes for departments including performance management, talent review, engagement, development & motivation, team effectiveness, and leadership coaching.
- Identify and implement initiatives for improvement of employee experience
- Innovate and create opportunities to operationalize and scale Kanzu Code’s unique culture
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Assess training needs to apply for and monitor training programs
- Report to leadership and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
A bit about you
- Care deeply about both people and results
- Strong interest in leveraging data to inform decisions
- Demonstrated ability in developing and executing a comprehensive HR strategy
- Solid track record in design and implementation of employee engagement strategies that have meaningfully impacted the individual and organization experience
- In-depth knowledge of HR best practices and Uganda’s employment regulations
- 5+ years of HR professional experience
Application Deadline: March 31, 2019