Makerere University School of Public Health wishes to recruit an Assistant Procurement Officer to support procurement operations. The Assistant Procurement Officer will work under the overall supervision of the Manager, Finance Management Unit.
Job Title: Assistant ProcurementOfficer (1) Duties:
- Maintain a providers List
- Manage all procurement activities of MakSPH
- Prepare advertisements for bid opportunities
- Prepare bud documents
- Issue Bid documents
- Prepare contract documents
- Maintain and archive records of all procurement activities
- Issue approved contract documents
- Coordinate the procurement activities of all the departments of Maksph
- Prepare monthly reports and any other reports that maybe required from time to time
- Ensure goods and services are procured in a proficient and timely manner
- Give guidance to all staff at MakSPH concerning Procurements
- 1. A Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management from a recognized University
- At least one year and above of experience in a busy procurement office
- 3. Should be 35 years and below
- CIPPS will be an added advantage
Special Skills and competencies
- Knowledge of procurement processes, policies, and procedures
- Strong emphasis on accuracy and detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet goals and deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
The successful candidate will have a workstation at the MakSPH main campus located at the New Mulago Hospital Complex.
How to apply
Applications should be addressed to:
Makerere University School of Public Health, Makerere University,
P.O. Box 7072, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Monday 15111 October 2018 at 11am.
Late applications will not be considered. The application must provide names and contacts of three referees, an application letter and the applicant’s own phone contacts together with a detailed curriculum vitae. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.