MakSPH-CTCA is searching for an Administrator for a research project Administrator on TB- Tobacco integration using mHealth approach. This position serves as the key link for the project team and project partners. This position will provide the research Team administrative support to ensure smooth implementation of the research project.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide overall administrative support to the project, working closely to support the project coordinator
- Arrange and secure logistics for project activities
- Monitor the budget expenditure in close collaboration with the project coordinator
- Ensure proper accountability of all funds dispatched.
- Support the research team in undertaking procurements, contract drafting, MoU drafting and other financial modalities.
- Draft project financial requests in time
- Ensure logistical preparation and readiness of research team in case of field activities.
- Work with the FMU to draft financial reports as required by the accounting cycle.
- Support the coordinator in communication of related activities.
- Lead the organization of team meetings and workshops as requested by the coordinator.
- Maintenance of proper study accounts and records (computerized and manual) related to budget, receipts and payments.
- In collaboration with the Principal Investigator, ensure reconciliation of the expenditures and budget lines on a quarterly basis
- In collaboration with the Principal Investigator, ensure that all services provided to the study are paid for.
- In collaboration with the Principal Investigator, ensure inventory and supplies control.
- Ensure high degree of confidentiality as regards research records
- Ensure that all project properties are secure, in good condition and used only for project work
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The required candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a University degree from a recognized university
- At least 2 years of work experience in a similar organization.
- Experience in working with a research organization for at least 2 years
- Experience in basic financial accounting, human resource management, procurement, research and records keeping.
An attractive salary commensurate to the experience and qualifications will be offered
Research Project Overview
MakSPH-CTCA in collaboration with Ministry of Health Uganda, East Tennessee State University and WHO are implementing an implementation Science Research project to integrate tobacco cessation services into TB programs using mHealth specifically text messages. The goal of the project is to use mHealth solutions to integrate tobacco control into TB programmes to improve TB treatment outcomes in Uganda. The primary objective is to support TB patients to quit tobacco use. The secondary objectives are: a) To train health workers on mHealth solutions for TB-Tobacco integration; b) To assess the period that participants take to quit tobacco use; c) To support TB patients to adhere to TB treatment. This is a 3-year project that will be implemented in hospitals in Uganda.
To apply for this position please submit in confidence a resume and a cover letter that details why you are a good fit for this career position to firstname.lastname@example.org, copy email@example.com
Timelines: Deadline is March 27th, 2017