Makerere University School of Public Health Department of Health Policy, Planning and Management. Suitable candidates are being sought to fill the position of Driver at the School of Public Health, Department of Health, Policy, Planning and Management (HPPM)
Position: Driver (2)
- Transport staff and visitors as instructed.
- Ensure safety of passengers and cargo at all times
- Ensure maximum safety and security of vehicle and accessories under his/her charge
- Monitor condition of vehicle and promptly report the condition to supervisor.
- Promptly deliver mail, equipment and supplies
- Maintain accurate vehicle records of all trips, fuel fill ups, time and millage readings
- Report any accident the vehicle gets involved in to the supervisor and police as required
- Assessing vehicle repair, servicing and maintenance needs and promptly reporting them to the Departmental Manager
- Assist staff with entering, exiting and adherence to vehicle safety standards and help them with any luggage.
- Observe all laws and guidelines for vehicle control policy of Makerere University
- Carry out any other duties assigned from time to time.
Qualification and Experience
- Must possess at least advanced level education
- A clean and valid driving permit, classes B, E, DM, DL
- Basic mechanical knowledge and defensive driving shall be an added advantage
- At least 4 years working experience in a busy and reputable organization
- Having the knowledge of using a logbook
- Knowledge of traffic laws, rules and signs
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Good interpersonal relations, patience, time keeping and courtesy
Information on Submission of Applications:
- Candidates should submit a copy of their driving license, curriculum vitae along with a cover letter and official copies of educational transcripts addressed to the Chair, HPPM Department MakSPH and delivered to Mrs. Adikini Anne J. Oketch in Room 16, ground floor, Makerere University School of Public Health, Mulago Hospital Complex.
- All applications must be received not later than 24th February, 2017.
- Please provide a reliable 12 hour phone contact.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No Canvassing