The job is based in Kampala and suitable for candidates eligible to work in Uganda.
Main Purpose of the Job
To ensure CD finance transactional aspects are executed in full and on time both for Sales ledger and Debtors ledger.
- Review Sales and Debtors ledger
- Lead the Operational control and audit aspects of the CD Finance
- Maintain accurate overviews of all Customers Trade Terms and ensure that customer finance transactions teams have appropriate accruals for all off-invoice terms
- Support the CD team during the annual customer TTS negotiations, providing financial support and guidance ensuring that AP commitments are met.
- Ensure month end operations/closure is carried out smoothly and be the lead for CD finance in ensuring the end month tasks are delivered on time.
- Implement/Execute the CD finance lead projects i.e. Credit note automation, USD Invoicing.
- Supervise and develop WL 1 staff reporting to him/her and ensure their work is delivered on time and in full.
- Takes responsibility of own development
- Suspends, pending closure, customer accounts in the event of non-payment.
- Authorises re-opening of accounts hitherto closed for payment issues.
- Charges interests on all overdue accounts and ensures collection of both principal amount and interest before customer account is re-opened for trade.
- Intercepts some customer orders to protect credit extensions, e.g. where a defaulting customer attempts to buy on cash before settling account debt.
- Initiates legal hand-over of defaulting customers.
- Freezes upward credit limit reviews for habitually defaulting customers.
- Sets the time, in line with the month-end time-table, for system closure (SAP).
- Respond to audit issues and implement corrective measures on actions highlighted in all audit reports.
- Advise other Leadership team members on company finance issues to improve on company financial decisions.
- Ensure OCA is done and issues arising are remediated
Key Skills and Qualifications
- University Degree in Accounting or related field from a reputable institution
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in accounting job is required
- Management/Financial Accounting experience in an FMCG business.
- Experience in a multinational company will be ideal.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in the application of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word tools.
- Good knowledge/hands on of an ERP system- SAP.
- Accounting graduate & Chartered Accountant.
To apply, click HERE