ACCESS is a community-based organization in Nakaseke, Uganda founded on the belief that everyone has a right to a healthy life. We also believe that empowering community members through health and education creates lasting change that is owned by the entire community. We are engaging local leaders and cultivating new leaders through our programs focused on:
- Support for vulnerable primary school children and their families through income generating projects, and subsidized school fees
- Educational opportunities in healthcare for young adults at The Health Training Institute
- Agricultural training in our demonstration garden
- Access to clinical and community based healthcare through our clinic and outreach programs
- Community based research to generate new scientific approaches to health related challenges.
We pride ourselves on our culture of passion and dedication to our work. We accomplish our mission and vision through dedicated involvement from community volunteers and community health workers, the hard work of our staff, and US and Canada based partnerships.
For more information, please visit www.accessuganda.org
Reporting to the President ACCESS, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for ACCESS staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. S/he will possess in depth knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems
- Set timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Serve as ex-officio of the two committees of the Board of Directors, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as integration in the national health and education sectors
- Lead, mentor, develop, and retain a high-performance senior management team at ACCESS
Fundraising & Communications:
- Lead the development and execution of the annual budget, annual report, sustainable growth plan, and grant-based Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and strategic expansion
- Maintain a database of local network and partnerships to develop and maintain and expand ACCESS programs and growth
- Maintain and develop communication and collaboration with local, district and national government leaders to facilitate ACCESS programs and integration into the public health sector and higher education sector.
Planning & New Business:
- Design ACCESS expansion in the health, research and academic sector and complete the strategic business planning for five-year and ten-year sustainability and growth
- Build partnerships in new and existing markets, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders at each level of government
- Be an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication
The ED will be thoroughly committed to ACCESS mission and culture. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Nursing or Social Work
- Masters in Health, education, business management, non-profit management or related field, with at least 5 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and scaling a non-profit organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- A good track record of winning grants and generating income for running NGO/CBO programs in resource limited settings.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people across international borders
For more information please contact:
Proposed starting date is 1st September 2016