Makerere University Lung Institute (MLI), a new institute at the college of health sciences, whose mission is championing the prevention and control of lung diseases in Uganda and beyond invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following posts in its administration department. Interested candidates should submit their applications, Curriculum Vitae, Certificates and Transcripts (3 copies each set) giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, work experience, present salary and names of three referees, plus their postal addresses to Office of the Human Resources Officer College of Health Sciences, Administration Block, and addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
P.O. Box 7072
Closing Date: 8th March 2016
Post: Administrative Assistant (1)
Reports to: Director
Main Purpose of the Job
To take charge of administrative function of the Institute and to provide the required logistical support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with all aspects of administrative management and logistics;
- Plan, Schedule and coordinate meetings, interviews, events, exhibitions and other similar activities;
- Create and maintain electronic and manual records Coordinate repairs and maintenance of office equipment and general cleanliness in the Administration Block;
- Provide secretariat services to the Institute Committee meetings;
- Prepare reports, disseminate information, dispatch minutes, memos and letters;
- Requisition, maintain and account for financial and other resources under his/her care;
- Supervise support staff and ensure harmonious working relationship amongst staff under his/her care;
Minimum academic qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, SWASA, Public Administration, Organizational Psychology, Management Studies or any relevant course.
- A Post-graduate qualification in Human Resource Management is an added advantage.
Minimum Experience and Exposure
1 years’ experience in logistics management and administration.
- Report writing skills
- Computer skills
- Good attention to detail
- Methodical and thorough approach to work
- Good at juggling tasks and prioritizing
- A great team player
- A desire to show initiative
Terms of Employment: Contract and full time