The Vodafone Uganda Solutions- OPCO is responsible for offering technical support and solutions to the Commercial team
Head of Network Operations
The Solutions Engineer will be responsible for the following activities:
- Provide after sales technical support to the Commercial team.
- Provide support to contractors during client equipment installations.
- Support Corporate Sales with well documented and clear technical proposals as and when requirements come in.
- Support Marketing during promotional deployments with efficient and awesome solutions that will galvanize the brand in the eye of the public.
- Research on available, new and upcoming ISP solutions that will give Vodafone Uganda a competitive edge in the market.
- Document and report on performance of different solutions offered to the clients, and the failure rates.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with all stakeholders in the Technology, Marketing, Sales and Financial departments.
- Delivering proficient support to the customer services operation at all times.
- Providing continuous support the Head of Network Operations
- Providing advice and expertise to Vodafone Uganda technology teams in other countries, as required.
- Driving the rapid resolution of Internet service anomalies and incidents for clients.
- Supporting efforts to maintain good relations with Ugandan regulators, Mobile Network Operators and the PSTN.
- Providing accurate reports to Management on system performance on a regular basis.
- Other ad hoc tasks as and when assigned.
The person – essential requirements:
The successful candidate will have a University degree Telecommunications Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or an equivalent, and will possess the following attributes:
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in an ISP or Telecommunications company.
- Strong knowledge in IP services, router and switch deployment and configurations for various models such as DLINKs, juniper EX2200.
- Experience in setting up email based services and good knowledge of associated protocols such as SMTP, POP3, IMAP etc.
- Experience is deploying WiFi solutions with the ability to back it up with accurate capacity dimensioning.
- Good working knowledge of backhauling techniques that are cost effective depending on the scenario faced with.
- Good working knowledge of GSM, UMTS, WIFI and WiMAX technologies
- Good working knowledge of LTE
- Good understanding of fibre networks, systems, and interfaces
- Results oriented with a strong work ethic and excellent people oriented skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of network monitoring concepts and associated management tools.
- Proven ability to assess faults, prioritize and respond accordingly.
- Capable of multi-tasking, time management and prioritization of workload in time-challenged environments.
- Working as a team player with all Vodafone Uganda personnel.
- Good written and oral English language skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven high influencing skills.
- Analytical, problem solving mind-set with attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Innovative self-starter.
- Proven strong ethics and personal integrity.
Other desirable requirements:
- Experience in implementing IP networks in cellular environment is highly desirable
- Familiarity with LTE architecture, network elements, interfaces and protocols
- Fast learner, flexible, hardworking and dynamic.
- Ability to work as an active team player with all Vodafone Uganda personnel.