Living Goods is seeking a Technology/IT Manager to join our team in Kampala. We believe that mobile is an increasingly powerful and positive disruptive force in enabling our agents to provide effective community health service and drive impact.
As the Technology/IT Manager you will pioneer and implement game-changing innovations while managing Living Goods’ mission critical mobile tools, data management systems and software needs. Working with our Nairobi-based tech team, you will lead our Kampala technology team in piloting multiple innovations to use mobile technology to improve diagnosis and treatments by agents, monitor and evaluate impact, solve last mile distribution problems, and track product and inventory. You will provide management leadership in the IT projects though coordination and supervision of the implementation of project activities.
- Support Living Goods Uganda’s IT technology strategy implementation, pioneering innovative mobile/tech solutions and applications to drive our growth, expansion and impact.
- Establish and implement appropriate IT project management plan and infrastructure and undertake continuous coordination and monitoring of the project activities to assess progress against planned delivery.
- Establish appropriate IT quality assurance and control standards and ensure compliance
- Manage the Living Goods’ in-country technology team, cultivating the growth of existing talent and bringing in new skills and experience where necessary.
- Support product management and product design for all technology products, whether developed in-house at Living Goods or developed by vendors, ensuring effective communication across actors.
- Oversee development of innovative mobile marketing tools and platforms, e.g. data collection, training support, field sales force management, mobile money, customer financing, incentive systems, smart phone and tablet apps, GIS etc.
- Support management of all Living Goods management information systems including: LG’s data warehouse and reporting tools, website, accounting software, point of sale system, and Salesforce database.
- Prepare and disseminating project reports on a regular basis to internal and external users.
- Work with department heads, end users and stakeholders to understand their needs and develop creative and effective solutions.
- Contribute to overall organizational tech strategy.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
What is Living Goods?
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in the developing world, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of the poor.
Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and The Huffington Post.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit:
follow us @Living_Goods
Desired Skills and Experience
- University degree required, preference to candidates with Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or Business degrees.
- 5+ years experience leading or implementing technology strategy for organizations with large teams, with in depth exposure to: mobile-based systems, accounting systems, and CRMs.
- At least 3 years experience managing multi-stakeholder IT projects or programs.
- Experience leading and managing software application development for web or mobile platforms as well as developing database systems.
Click here to apply.