PATH a Washington non-profit corporation is partnering with Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH) in Uganda to implement a prospective study to evaluate the effectiveness of Sayana Press in Uganda after a 4 year pilot phase that was funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation. This evaluation will build the evidence base for global decision- making about whether and how to include Sayana Press in family planning programs in the future and will also inform scale up on Sayana Press in Uganda. The evaluation will include use of tablets to administer structure face to face interview within a health facility.
MakSPH therefore seeks to hire suitable female candidates for the positions of Research Assistants who will be based in the 6 districts of B u s i a , M a y u g e , Mubende, Kayunga, Gulu and Oyam. The successful candidates will be reporting to the Project Coordinator/ data supervisor.
The overall duty of the research assistant will be to ensure that data is collected appropriately and submitted electronically to supervisor promptly. Specifically research assistants will be required to perform the following task;
- Work closely with resident Village health team members
- Receive clients from the Village health teams
- Perform field data collection and management activities following the evaluation protocol including consent process and confidentiality requirements.
- Review data before uploading and proceeding with another interview
- Secure storage of data according to study protocol procedures
- Maintains confidentiality and security of data
- Keep the tablet safe and secure
- Reports to the immediate supervisor any issues that affect the study
- Provide t h e s u p e r v i s o r with daily updates including client recruited, interviews completed, and any other important information about assigned clients
- Participate on study team meetings throughout the study period.
- Execute any other duties assigned by the coordinator and the study investigators
- Bachelor’s degree in Humanities, public health, Nursing, statistics and any other related discipline
- Prior experience in face to face interviews
- Proficiency (both spoken and written) in English and a common local language spoken in that district
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to
follow study specific procedures and guidelines reliably.
- Ability to spend an extended period of time in rural areas and away from home
- Willing to reside in the district for the entire study period
- Ability to work under stringent deadlines and independently with minimal supervision
How to apply: Interested persons should send their applications with a typed cover letter, current CV with 2 referees and their contacts; and copies of academic certificates addressed to: The Dean, Makerere University School of Public Health (Room 215), New Mulago Hospital Complex, P. O Box 7072 Kampala Uganda, not later than Friday 20th November 2015. Indicate on the envelop the j o b a p p l i e d f o r a n d preferred district to work in during this survey; o n l y short listed candidates will be contacted.