The Hardware Technician will be responsible for maintaining and monitoring the customer’s environment by supporting existing hardware. This position requires a high degree of customer service and problem solving skills.
The Hardware Technician will be responsible for maintenance of hardware.
Duties will include, but not limited to the following:
- Perform preventative maintenance on hardware with maintenance agreements
- Troubleshoot & repair all hardware incidents in the agreed time as stipulated in maintenance agreement or on a time-and-material basis where applicable
- Recommend solutions or replacement hardware if hardware is non-repairable
- Complete incidents assigned to them daily
- Identify all parts needed to resolve open incidents and submit to Finance Department for ordering
- Review installation packets to ensure all hardware and software components are included to ensure a complete and professional installation
- Training of installing the hardware & software
- Fill out and complete the Weekly Support Report and complete weekly Timesheets
- Manage spares/consumable inventory items
- Make customer courtesy calls
- Help generate additional revenue through suggestion of contracts, renewal of contracts and consumable items/supplies
- Generate sales leads with existing customers for hardware equipment and/or software.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant Degree.
- 3 + years Hardware Maintenance/Customer Service experience.
- Demonstrated judgment in decision making and ability to judge when issues should be escalated.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with IT teams and various technical experts.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with customers at all levels
- Working knowledge of network and hardware technology and ability to understand details of technical issues required
- Able to be flexible for on-call work, after hours and weekends, as required by business and customer situations
- Knowledge of Soldering, Printed Circuit Boards and Component Replacement
- Hardware Driver Installation
- Conversant with Imaging software
- Experience with Flat Bed and Multi-Feed scanners
- TWAIN, and use of various API
- Networking and Operating System Installation and Maintenance
- Server 2003/2008 experience can be an added advantage
- Hardware experience, particularly on transports the devices used to capture cheques, would be a major advantage
- Knowledge on application programming & database would be an advantage but not a requirement, particularly SQL, VB6 and C#
DESIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent problem solving capabilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong technical foundation
- IT Literate
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent attendance record and timekeeping
- Ability to take definitive action and prioritise
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivation, initiative
- Team player who is willing to deliver on organisation wide objectives
- Trust and respect for team members
- Understanding user and customer needs
- Good communicator and self-organising
- Must hold a valid Passport
- Clean Credit and Criminal record
- Must be willing to travel Regionally and/or Internationally.
KINDLY INCLUDE YOUR CURRENT AND EXPECTED REMUNERATION IN YOUR RESUME.
BE ADVISED, THIS JOB IS OPEN TO UGANDAN NATIONALS ONLY
To apply, click HERE