The ResilientAfrica Network (RAN) seeks to hire suitable candidates for the positions of Research Assistants who will be field based in the 4 districts of Hoima, Bududa, Amuria and Lamwo.
The successful candidates will be reporting to the Field Team Supervisors.
• To participate in household data collection activities
• Properly sample households and enroll study participants as per study protocol
• Administer informed consent, conduct and complete interviews in accordance with the study protocol, and answer questions that the respondents may ask before or during the course of data collection
• Provide Team Leader/supervisor with updates from the day including households visited, interviews completed, and any other important information about assigned households.
• Be responsible for data collection and data management processes including validation to ensure quality data collection quality of data elements/data editing
• Any other duties assigned by the data collection team leaders
• Bachelor’s degree in Humanities, public health, statistics and any other related discipline
Experience, skills and other requirements
• Prior experience in quantitative data collection methods
• Proficiency (both spoken and written) in English and at least one of the following languages (Ateso (basic Karamojong), Luo, Swahili, Runyoro/Runyakitara, Lumasaba)
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to spend an extended period of time in rural areas and away from home
• Ability to work under stringent deadlines and independently with minimal supervision
How to apply: Interested persons should send their applications with a typed cover letter, indicating the preferred district to work in during this survey; current CV, 2 reference letters from past employers, copies of academic certificates addressed to: The Director Eastern Africa RILab, Makerere University School of Public Health-ResilientAfrica Network, Plot 30 Upper Terrace, Kololo P.O Box 7072, Kampala, Uganda. OR email to email@example.com , not later than Wednesday, 9th September 2015. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and field data collection is expected to commence in the month of September.