Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH) invites qualified applicants to fill the vacant position in Finance & Management Unit under the office of the Dean MakSPH
Job Title: Assistant Procurement officer
Reports to: MakSPH Procurement Officer
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the management of all procurement activities of procuring and disposing entity.
- Support the functions of contracts committee and implementation of its decisions.
- Assist in the formulation of strategies & Procurement plans
- Assist in the Preparation of bid documents
- Assist in the advertisement of did opportunities.
- Assist in the issuing of bid documents.
- Assist in the preparation of Contract documents.
- Assist in maintaining of archive records of procurement and disposal process.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reports of procurement activities.
- Assist in the co-ordination of procurement & disposal activities of all departments of the School
- Ensuring that good and services are procured in a proficient and timely manner
Minimum academic qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in procurement & Logistics Management, Business Administration ((Procurement Option), or any other relevant courses from a recognized University in Uganda
Minimum Experience and Exposure
2 years experience in procurement work
- Good attention to details
- Good time Keeper
- Ability to work Under pressure
- Good writing and communication skills
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Be organised ,resourceful with good planning and problem-solving abilities
- A-team player, flexible, and quick thinking
- A desire to show initiative
Applications should be addressed to:
The Dean Makerere University School of Public Health P.O.Box 7072 Kampala. Hand delivery: Room 215, 2nd floor MakSPH Building New Mulago Hospital Complex, not later than 7th August 2015. Applicants May also visit the School website (www.musph.ac.ug)